Award-winning author & my pal, Adrian Fogelin’s new novel is SOME KIND OF MAGIC.
It is released April 1.
The magic of knowing an author is that you can peek at not only the Work-in-Progress. But you also hold
the Advanced Readers Copy in your eager hands.
To help celebrate this neighborhood story, which visits characters Jemmie & Cass, from Adrian’s ground-breaking
1st novel, CROSSING JORDAN, I’m sharing seven kinds of wonderful things connected to this novel & the author:
SOME KIND OF MAGIC 7s
Warning: a highly personal list. After reading SOME KIND OF MAGIC, your 7s will depart from this – perhaps.
1. Set in my town – Tallahassee, Florida
2. Features a 6-year-old boy & a fedora – two favorite topics of mine, younger readers & hats
3. Features Cass & Jemmie, their friendship is one I love
4. Adrian employs the word “plinky”
5. An adult character’s name is Paul, which is the American version of my hubby’s name, Paolo.
6. The neighborhood pals have a cool hangout place that isn’t a mall, arcade or boardwalk/sidewalk.
7. KIRKUS (professional, well-regarded review service) agrees with me: “A fine, complex tale of family, friends and magic.”
Over at the seven kinds of wonderful GROUP BLOG, Adrian shares her own 7s.
Plus that’s where I’m giving away a copy of this new one.
And there are some lovely author & publisher links.
Please go have a visit!.